Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How much of women's cheating is due to motive and how much opportunity?

I think it's 95% opportunity and 5% motive. in other words, if a woman has the best opportunity to cheat (can't be discovered, hot attractive guy to cheat with etc), she most likely will. Do you agree? I think even the happily married women would consider cheating if they were in the 'right' situation (or wrong situation, depending on your perspective)How much of women's cheating is due to motive and how much opportunity?
i do agree completely with this. because if they can't find someone when its on their mind, and there is no opportunity they often forget about it and focus on other things. its all about opportunity. i was married for 10 yrs, my husband never cheated, but the minute this woman came to work where he did, things changed. we had our rough times but doesn't all couples? and we always worked them out, but one day he came home out of the blue and asked for a divorce. little did i know that for a year he had been sleeping with her right under my nose. there was no staying gone or leaving at night, or going to bars, he did it in the daytime on days his work was slow and there wasn't any business.How much of women's cheating is due to motive and how much opportunity?
I really don't know. My ';partner'; emails her ';friends'; and tells them she is in a relationship ';that's going nowhere';. That was charming to read. I called her on it and she denied it. She still has her pof profile up and hasn't changed it, though I have asked her to. I think because we own a house together, she cannot ';leave'; and feels trapped. Oddly enough we are s'posed to get married, though I think it is just a rouse to keep her new pick up and rv. I work insane hours and commute about 5 hrs each day so that is her opportunity. Even though she denies it is actually happening.
I don't think happy people cheat, either man or woman. I think that relationships stagnate or get in a rut and the excitement of the chase or the ego boost of a new interest gets to be too much and cheating happens. I think that if people would be honest with their spouses and talk about what truly bothered them it wouldn't happen. Part of it is just remembering the commitment you made to your spouse and not acting on those feelings.
Honestly i can say i couldn't disagree with you more. If your women's happy and getting all the attention she needs at home then sex with another individual is the farthest thing from her mind.


I would like to add a bit more here after reading some of the responses. My answer bodes well for me as well. My wife gives me all and more then i need at home and ill be damn if i would go out and grab a piece of tail just because the oppurtunity arose as most of you are saying. I will admit there are those on both sides of the fence who would. But don't lump all men or women into this same category.
In my opinion a Partner (woman or man) cheat only and only wen they aren't happy with there spouse / partner... attraction is very common terms to use.. but beyond attraction there's honesty and commitment that plays a vital role.. In other words it all depends on how happy or connected you are with your partner... If i love my boyfriend i will never cheat on him.. but that not the case with men.. Men lack self control.. its not there fault nature has designed them at way ;)
I wouldn't say 95%... that's a lot. But I know that there are some happily married women that will cheat given the opportunity. Mostly, though, they'll do it if they find something exciting with somebody else that they don't have with their husband.





It's up to her to decide if it's worth it or not.
You are totally wrong. 95% of men that cheat, cheat because of opportunity. Most women that cheat, cheat because they feel neglected by their partner or has been cheated on by their partner.
i would say the opposite,95% motive n 5% or less oportunity,,resources my own experience
Your correct. I'll give you an example. A woman works in a factory, her boss is a sport enthusiasts, has all kinds of toys from motorcycles, snomobiles, bowls, plays pool etc but his wife is laid up most of the time with a bad back. The woman has a very nice figure, huge boobs and good looking. He starts flirting with her. She doesn't seem to mind, she has a fixed infatuation on him from the stories she's heard.


He askes her out to a bar for a hamberger after work, maybe bowl a game, she's a bowling nut. it's more then life to her. She jumps at it.





Tells her hubby and kids when she gets home she worked O.T. it was easy, then it happen again, then again.


Then it was messing around all day Saturday, Hubby never looked at her paychecks.





One day when she took off with him her hubby was at her work looking for her, the guys told him she took off with the boss and some other expletives and told him it's happen plenty of times. He asked about O.T. was told O.T. didn't exsist.





She heard all about it when she came back from a local hayfield. decided it was just to much, better go home and come clean. Husband and four kids at home, boss with nothing to show, couldn't even screw right, lost everything all over his pants and her dress. Lasted 30 seconds.





95% oppurtunity 5% motive I guess your right. That was my wife by the way, the boss got the crap beat out of him, laid in the hospiatl for two days, wife kicked him out, kids disowned him, he's the town drunk now.

No comments:

Post a Comment