Friday, August 20, 2010

How will cheating in high school affect college?

I am a senior in high school who just got into Cornell University early decision. Once, in my sophomore year, I was caught cheating on a chemistry quiz. I received a conduct report and detention for this, and then vowed never to do it again. However, against my better judgment, I recently got caught again cheating on a French test. My teacher was very kind about it (and I'm etermally grateful to her about that), but told me that unfortunately she had to turn my name in because it was school policy. This time, it will be my 2nd conduct report, and I will probably have to serve detention again. I am not worried about my grade because I'm pretty confident that I'll still end up with a B, and I know that I've made an extremely poor decision TWICE in my high school career. This time however, I am afraid that my punishment will be more severe and my actions may make Cornell second-guess their decision. Please tell me if my chances at college are in jeopardy and give me advice on what to do!How will cheating in high school affect college?
More than likely, your college will never see this record. But stop being stupid and cut it out. If you're caught in college, you will be disciplined or kicked out. Cheaters never win, and winners never cheat.How will cheating in high school affect college?
damn the man. cheat constantly. i did. on everything. as often as possible.





also, i litter all of the time and LOVE it.
I'm not sure if you will get away with it, but remember that cheats only end up cheating themselves. As you have found out, taking the risk does not always pay off.
I noticed that you wrote that you were CAUGHT cheating, but you didnt write that you cheated. Look, do you want to go through life taking the easy way out, or do you want to be a productive member of society? Cornell doesnt want cheaters in their ranks. Why not do Cornell a favor and delay your college until you have made up your mind that cheating on even one test question is unacceptable. Cheating isnt a syndrome, it is a decision. And you can decide right now that taking the easy way out will eventually get you fired from a good paying job. A cheaters life is a losers life and I certainly hope you do not end up another statistic.
Yes they are, because they will read about any wrongdoing just to make sure this kid is legit. Apparently, your past mistakes are now coming back to haunt you.
You wont be allowed in to a college anywere. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment