Monday, August 16, 2010

Does cheating on a test affect college admittance?

I just got caught cheating on a test in high school. (I know it was wrong, I take total responsibility for what happened, so please don't turn this into just scolding me.) I have really good grades and was planning to apply to penn state, and some other good universities. I've read that colleges don't get your disciplinary transcript, and I've read they do. How will this affect my admittance to colleges?Does cheating on a test affect college admittance?
I applied to 25 colleges, and none of them got my disciplinary transcript. Unless you give them reason to, I don't think they will be looking at it. I think it all depends on whether or not it was even recorded on there. I cheated on a project for an English class my senior year, and my teacher didn't really take any action besides giving me a failing grade. I got into Penn State so I guess they never found out. Wish you the best of luck!Does cheating on a test affect college admittance?
if they do catch you cheating in collage you will be kicked out and it will stay with you to every school you apply to and you may face criminal charges for plagiarism ext. This is not a habit u want to get into to, college's take this extremely serious. I'm not trying to scold you here, I just want you to realize how serious this is to a college, by the way they will have a prof, go over you test if suspected of cheating, you will not get away with it. As far as entrance goes, just don't use this teacher as a reference if they ask for one. just focus on getting legitimate good grade and a sound act/sat score and you should be fine, as far as discipline is concerned they really do not care what you did in high school, you will soon find out how little help H.S. is at preparing you for a real collage class.
When you apply to college, you have to send he admission office your high school grade transcripts but I believe it only shows the classes you took each year and the grade you got in each class. I think your disciplinary transcript is different and won't show up on your grade transcripts. Therefore, I don't think it will affect your admission chances. You will need several references from your teachers though so be careful who you choose.
Im not sure if the better colleges ask for your disciplinary transcript, but i know you will need good references from teachers to get in. This will be impossible if your reputation is ruined because you are a known cheater. I would be surprised if they ask though.

No comments:

Post a Comment