Friday, August 20, 2010

If you were given an assignment to write an oped on cheating would this apply?

I wrote about downloading songs illegally. Do you think that counts as 'Cheating'? In class we talked about how that was a form of cheating but I didn't really say how it was cheating, I mostly talked about how it was messing up the entertainment industry. I think I messed up this assignment, what do you guys think?If you were given an assignment to write an oped on cheating would this apply?
Even though we hate to believe it, downloading songs illegally is a form of cheating. (One clue would be the word ';illegal.';) You are cheating the song writers and the producers out of royalties that they would be getting if you paid for the songs.If you were given an assignment to write an oped on cheating would this apply?
I think if you explained it right that it could be a form of cheating. You could say people are taking the easy way out...they don't have to pay for the music. They also don't have to spend the time or put in the effort to go to the store and look for the album. They are cheating the singer/group out of the money they deserve. Etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment