Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I tell him about my step-mom cheating?

I just found out my step-mother is cheating on my dad. He doesn't know yet and I just don't know how to tell him. My dad means more to me than anyone else in the whole world. I have thought about telling her I know and tell her either she tells him or I will. Only 3 people know about the affair and the other people are thinking they are. I just don't know what to say. Any suggestions?How do I tell him about my step-mom cheating?
Here's the best rule of life you will ever learn:





IF IT DOESN'T INVOLVE YOU, STAY THE HELL OUT OF IT.





Have you ever heard the phrase, ';don't shoot (kill) the messenger';? Your father will be PISSED, and you'll be the first target - intentional or not.


Your father will eventually find out -- if he hasn't already -- and the middle of the fray is NOT someplace you will ever want to be.





When Dad does find out, just be supportive, no matter what is decided. That's the best thing you can do.How do I tell him about my step-mom cheating?
First of all are you have to be absolutely sure she is cheating on your dad. If you go to him with this news and it turns out not to be true you've lost your father's trust in you and given her reason to make your life miserable. I wish you would clarify what you meant when your wrote - only 3 people know about the affair and the other people are thinking they are. I would go to the step mother tell her what you know and that if she doesn't tell him that day you will tell him. Even that's risky if it turns out not to be true........you just look like a trouble maker. If what you suspect is true I think your dad would be disappointed in you if you didn't tell him. Just be sure you are right and if it could come from some adult it would be so much easier all the way around. How about your Mom and what about the 3 other people you referred to.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Nobody likes to be told they are being cheated on. You need to consider whether or not you want your dad to be angry with him the whole time. Maybe it would be better if you just anonymously took some pictures of them together and emailed them to him from a generic account. The messenger almost always gets the brunt of the anger and blame, which is ridiculous but true. I wish you the best in working this out.
this is tricky, well first of all, you can not tell him personally for any reason at all, because this can and will backfire on you. What if they work it out? they will blame you somehow for it, because this is how people work and think


But he needs to know, so what you can do is set him up or her for him to find out, without him knowing that you are behind it
tell her she has 1 week to tell your dad or you will! and if he doesn't do it, then tell him!! imagine how we'll feel if he finds out that you knew and never told him...and if she doesn't tell him, tell him right in front of her! like at dinner or watching tv...just say, blank is having an affair, and i'm not the only one who knows!!





he's your father, she's your step-mother, he comes first!!
If you go to your dad, you better have proof to back it up or you are going to have a huge mess on your hands. She may deny it all and make you look like a little liar. I would get all my ducks in a row before mentioning anything to either one. If you tell her first she may have time to clean up behind herself.
This is a tough one.


I'd say you have two options.


#1 - Tell him in private when you know she won't be around for a few hours.


#2 - Learn where she goes to have her affair, and have your dad go there and catch her in the act somehow......


Good luck.


It's really not your problem, but then it kind of is.



I guess I would tell what you know. Then help him catch her by looking at phone records and following her when she leaves the house to go see the other guy. And if others know I would ask them to be with you when you tell him if you feel that you need back up. If not I would tell him who also knows after you tell him.
I think you should tell her first, like you said either she tells him or you do. This information should really come from her. But do it soon and make sure she fesses up quickly. You wouldn't want your dad to be strung along and then find out you knew all that time.
Tell him but make sure you have proof and not just hearsay. If you don't have proof, find it first. Tell her you know if you don't have proof and see if she comes clean. If she doesn't you need proof or he may not believe you, we tend to defend those we love.
make him see it for him self.. or he wont believe you .. i mean he in love with her.. and he mite think your the one doing wrong here.. but i would tell him as soon as i could .. even if she in the room with you when you do it ..
Best to stay out of this one. She will get caught and your dad will handle it how he sees fit. I know you are hurt over this, but it is not something you should get involved in.
He needs to know. You won't be the bad guy for telling. Tell him before everyone else knows! That will save him some embarrassment.
Tell him what you know when you're along with him.
tell ur father. no need to drag him along in the relationship, and he'll be hurt more if u knew this for a long time and didn't tell him earlier.
Tell him in private
wow I guess I would tell him in private he needs to know

No comments:

Post a Comment